Anglo Groups Getting Some Quebec Government Cash
Community organizations are starting to see some of the money budgeted for Quebec’s new Anglophone Affairs Secretariat with the minister responsible Kathleen Weil promising more to come.
Weil announced $950,000 over two years will go towards five groups that help support English-speaking communities in the province, specifically for projects to deal with issues raised during recent public consultations:
• $350,000 for Concordia University’s Quebec English-speaking Communities Research Network (QUESCREN);
• $230,000 for umbrella group Quebec Community Groups Network (QCGN);
• $230,000 for English-Language Arts Network (ELAN)
• $80,000 for the Council for Anglophone Magdalen Islanders (CAMI);
• $60,000 for the Eastern Townships Resource Centre (ETRC).