QCGN looking for Information Management Support Intern
Information Management Support Intern
The QCGN is looking for an Information Management Support Intern to work from May to August of 2011.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Network Development and Community Support, the Intern will be responsible for coming up with a process to organize and index QCGN documents and records.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the analysis and development of a suitable and effective classifying and filing system for QCGN documents including minutes of board, executive committee and annual general meeting minutes; bylaws and governance documents; consultation and project reports; briefs, speeches and policy documents; press releases and clippings; etc.
- Assist in the implementation of new system;
- Develop a comprehensive and comprehensible user guide or manual for document indexing, filing, and retrieval;
- Provide training and support to staff on use of new system;
- Other projects and duties as appropriate
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary studies in CEGEP/junior college in Information and Library Technologies; university level courses in Information Studies, Knowledge Management; or other relevant studies and experience;
- English is essential; bilingual (English/French) highly desirable;
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles and values of the QCGN.
Candidates must qualify for Young Canada Works program.
For details, and to apply online, go to www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.