Information Management Support Intern
The QCGN is looking for an Information Management Support Intern to work from May to August of 2011.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Network Development and Community Support, the Intern will be responsible for coming up with a process to organize and index QCGN documents and records.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the analysis and development of a suitable and effective classifying and filing system for QCGN documents including minutes of board, executive committee and annual general meeting minutes; bylaws and governance documents; consultation and project reports; briefs, speeches and policy documents; press releases and clippings; etc.
- Assist in the implementation of new system;
- Develop a comprehensive and comprehensible user guide or manual for document indexing, filing, and retrieval;
- Provide training and support to staff on use of new system;
- Other projects and duties as appropriate
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary studies in CEGEP/junior college in Information and Library Technologies; university level courses in Information Studies, Knowledge Management; or other relevant studies and experience;
- English is essential; bilingual (English/French) highly desirable;
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles and values of the QCGN.
Candidates must qualify for Young Canada Works program.
For details, and to apply online, go to www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.