Nominations for the Young Quebecers Leading the Way Award – NOW CLOSED
What does the award recognize?
Leadership takes many different forms. For this award it is defined broadly and not limited to leaders of specific organizations and projects. The main objective of the Young Quebecers Leading the Way Award is to celebrate the leadership and innovative thinking of engaged young English-speaking Quebecers.
Who is eligible?
- Youth 30 years of age or under as of December 31, 2017.
- Youth who have demonstrated a commitment to creating change and who have contributed to an initiative with measurable impact in their community.
*Candidates must consent to the nomination and sign the nomination form.
*Candidates who are under the age of 18, along with his/her parent or legal guardian must sign the application form.
Who can nominate?
Nominations must come from organizations and institutions that serve Quebec’s English-speaking minority community. They can be youth organizations or organizations that have youth programs. No self-nominations or nominations from family members will be accepted.
What needs to be submitted?
- A completed nomination form.
- A nomination letter which describes how the candidate applied their innovation and skills to inspire and create community change.
- Nominations may also include supporting materials such as letters of support from mentors, peers, community groups and/or members; formal recognition of their work including other awards, certificates of merit, citations; media coverage; etc.
Do not send originals or official documents as they will not be returned. Nominations may be used for promotional purposes.
Deadline for submissions are now closed. Thanks for submitting your nominations.
How are winners selected?
Nominations will be reviewed by an intergenerational jury composed of community leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to youth. Decision of the jury is final.
What does the winner receive?
The winner will be presented with a trophy during the Goldbloom Awards gala that will take place during the fall of 2017. The winning candidate will also receive a behind the scenes tour of CBC Radio Canada.