Community organizations are starting to see some of the money budgeted for Quebec’s new Anglophone Affairs Secretariat with the minister responsible Kathleen Weil promising more to come.
Weil announced $950,000 over two years will go towards five groups that help support English-speaking communities in the province, specifically for projects to deal with issues raised during recent public consultations:
• $350,000 for Concordia University’s Quebec English-speaking Communities Research Network (QUESCREN);
• $230,000 for umbrella group Quebec Community Groups Network (QCGN);
• $230,000 for English-Language Arts Network (ELAN)
• $80,000 for the Council for Anglophone Magdalen Islanders (CAMI);
• $60,000 for the Eastern Townships Resource Centre (ETRC).